Friday, July 5, 2013

Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters

I wasn't sure when I threw these together, but the family liked them. Especially my (almost) 14 year old, who had 3!


I randomly made these together using ingredients I had on hand. This made 12 4" fritters. 

2 lbs zucchini grated 
4 eggs
1 cup GF general purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
3 tablespoons diced garlic
1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
1 tbsp lemon pepper (with salt)
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 jalapeño seeded & diced
Olive oil

Grate zucchini with the bigger side of the grater. 

Place zucchini in bowl, add lemon pepper, garlic, onion, parsley & jalapeño and mix well. 

Beat 4 eggs & add to mixture. Slowly mix in flour. 

Turn on electric skillet to 350 and add enough oil to brown fritters. When hot, drop 4 tablespoons of the mixture to the pan for each fritter. Use a spatula to flatten them. The salt makes the zucchini "sweat" for the lack of a better term.  I left the watery part in the bowl. Brown on both sides approx 7 minutes each side. I did a couple of batches & kept them in a warm oven. 

If I had the ingredients on hand, I would have subbed the lemon pepper for fresh lemon zest, salt & pepper. Feel free to shake these up and make them your own. Maybe top with fresh Parmesan cheese or serve with lemon wedges. You could add cilantro, red pepper...whatever you want to flavor it. 

Normally in the morning I eat a fried egg sandwich.  The day after making these, I used these in place of my eggs.  Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment