Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A little bit country, a little bit rock & roll

Ok, not everyone has time for homemade. Most of my more detailed recipes are from my days off work, when I have time to plan and shop.

I am all about easy & this meal was fairly easy & made everyone's tummies happy. 


Looks pretty dang gourmet to me. Let me break it down. 

You can use any rice. I used a Trader Joe's rice mix. Of course make sure it is gluten free. 

Next I cut up chicken. I am sure you could use other meat, however this is "Butter Chicken"

Next, the secret ingredient: Safeway brand Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce. Safeway has started making these simmer sauces. You can find them in with pasta sauce. Not all of them are GF & honestly the ingredients are printed small, so bring someone under 30 to read the label! It was pretty funny watching my husband & I (early 40's) stand in Safeway and try to read the ingredients. We hoped for the best and brought it home for our 21 year old to read. Yay! This one was gluten free!

Now to the zucchini.  It was one of those FB recipes that float around.  I can't seem to find it anymore. but this is as close to it as I can find.

 
 
  • 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese $
  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fat-free milk $
  • 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small) $
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 425°.
  2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment