Friday, January 3, 2014

Sweet & spicy butternut squash

I based my recipe off of this one, but did things a little differently.

http://theshiksa.com/2013/10/08/maple-cinnamon-roasted-butternut-squash/


Basically, after the labor intensive peeling and dicing a butternut squash, I put the squash in a bowl. I lightly tossed with olive oil. I DOUBLED the seasonings called for and mixed them in the bowl, then put them on the cookie sheet.

It's really not too bad to peel your own butternut squash.  I will post photos next time.  I know there is pre-cut & peeled butternut squash for sale at the store.  Go for it if you are intimidated about doing it yourself.  I am very cheap (uh...I mean frugal)  Here is a good quick YouTube video of how to peel one on your own.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbecyb7TgDE

 Ingredients
  • 8 cups cubed butternut squash (peeled and seeded), about 3 lbs of peeled cubes
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 pinches cayenne

You will also need

  • 2 baking sheets, foil (optional)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 6



No comments:

Post a Comment