Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Super easy (Gluten Free) meatballs


My version uses gluten free ingredients, but you could easily use regular ingredients also.

1 1/4 pounds ground meat (I used ground elk)
2 teaspoons Gluten Free Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup Italian Gluten Free bread crumbs (see recipe here)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic finely chopped (I use jarred)
1/4 cup finely diced onion (I find it easiest to use a small food processor)
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  I just used my hands to mix.  Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place on greased cookie sheet (I used GF olive oil spray) Bake at 350° 10 to 12 minutes, until no longer pink


They freeze really well.  I am craving some meatballs in homemade GF Teriyaki sauce!  Yum! You could also spice them up with crushed red pepper.  Maybe add GF BBQ sauce.  Lots of options here!

By the way, I did freeze a batch of 20 meatballs.  I just reheated in the microwave at 50% power till thawed, then added them to the sauce to heat through.  This time, I added them to a corn/rice pasta and garlic Alfredo.  YUMMY!


3 comments:

  1. What temp should the oven be set at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What temp should the oven be set at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I set the oven at 350 degrees. I will edit my post to show this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete