Friday, June 21, 2013

Easy freezer pizza muffins

These are not GF, but easily adaptable at a higher expense. Bob's Red Mill has GF biscuit mix, or you can make your own.

I have Celiac Disease, so I do wear a mask when working with wheat flour. 



I made a massive batch for my two sons. They are teenagers, so I am giving them 2 muffins per meal. If you have younger kids, you could easily get away with 1 muffin per meal.

Preheat oven to 375 º

Ingredients:

12 cups Bisquick
6 cups milk 
6 eggs
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 
14 oz pepperoni diced small
1/3 cup dried Italian seasoning 
1/8 cup granulated garlic 

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness.

This yielded 62 muffins. The cost per muffin was about $ .33 each, including muffin papers, cups, lids & pizza sauce. Not too shabby.


Add ingredients to a huge mixing bowl. I just used a whisk to blend. The dough will be sticky.  I used muffin papers to make production faster (no waiting for muffins to cool to fill the tin up again)


My kitchen assistant used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill the cups. They will rise. 


I wanted the boys to have pizza sauce to go with these.  I bought 1 oz plastic cups with lids. I used 1 tbsp of canned pizza sauce for each cup. If you have extra cups, they work well for Jell-O shots! ;-)


Muffins galore!


Seal in zip bags with sauce & freeze! That was pretty dang easy.  I can't eat them, but my 13 year old gobbled 2 up & said they were amazing.
Tomorrow we are doing corndog muffins!




No comments:

Post a Comment