Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day dinner

Happy Father's Day too all the amazing Dads, step-dads & single moms!

I wanted to try something new, so I found a recipe for a roast from a great website www.Allergyfreealaska.com

I've never had a roast turn out moist, but Megan's looked so yummy, I gave it a try. I made both the roast and the gravy. The only things I did different was that I subbed fresh rosemary and used an oven bag. It was definitely the best roast I've made!
Here is the recipe

You can find a million recipes for twice backed potatoes, but it isn't that complicated, they just take time.  Bake potatoes as normal until there is a little give if you squeeze them.  You can use a microwave, but I like to do it in the oven.  I clean the potatoes, pat them dry, rub with olive oil & sprinkle with sea salt. 

Let potatoes cool to touch.  Cut each in half lengthwise.  Scoop the insides out with a spoon.  Here is a hint, leave a little potato edge in the shell.  Otherwise the shell ends up flimsy.  Mash insides of  potatoes with a masher.  The rest of the ingredients depend on your preference and how many potatoes you made.  I added these ingredients and blended with a hand mixer till smooth, but you can just use a masher.  You want them to still be pretty stiff, not too soft.
*dash milk
*sour cream
*shredded cheddar cheese
*bacon crumbles
*garlic
*salt
*pepper

Take the filling and carefully fill the shells. Sprinkle with cheese.  Place in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

I also made one of my family's favorites.  Oven roasted cauliflower.  Again, pretty simple.  Even my son who doesn't like cauliflower likes this dish.  Cut up your organic cauliflower into florets.  Place in a large mixing bowl and toss together with olive oil, lots of garlic, sea salt & pepper.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  


This was the final product.  Turned out pretty well, and Daddy was happy, so that is all that matters.  My photo is a little blurry, sorry!


I hope everyone had a fantastic Father's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment