Monday, May 13, 2013

Gluten free-licious Mother's Day



I hope everyone had an awesome Mother's Day!! My family has a tradition of my husband & kids making me a big breakfast AND dinner. Love love love when people cook for me!!

I was in the living room while my husband, 13 yr old son & 21 year old son cooked me breakfast. My husband is an amazing cook & knows his way around a kitchen. However, like me, he is new at cooking gluten free. 

They decided to make me gluten free waffles from a Bob's Red Mill mix. Since they are gluten free, the consistency just isn't quite the same, so I was giggling while I listened to them trying to figure it out. They don't puff up as much as traditional waffles & took longer to cook. I am not sure how many they ended up throwing away before they got them right. Lol. However, once they figured it out, the waffles were quite delicious! Even my gluten loving family ate them and gave them 2 thumbs up. (well, so I guess that is 6 thumbs up)



For the waffles we had strawberries & whipped cream. On the side was bacon & eggs. I certainly don't eat like that every day, but it was yummy! 



For dinner, my husband seasoned (GF of course) a pork roast & smoked it on our Traeger. In case you don't know, a Traeger is a smoker and everything that touches it is delicious! 



He also made sautéed garlic green beans, pan fried baby red potatoes and fruit salad. 



I had lots of family time with my husband, 2 sons, daughter, daughter's bf & our German exchange student. Nothing makes me happier than bringing all my kids together at once. Not easy to do when they are adults! 


No comments:

Post a Comment