Monday, April 22, 2013

Going GF at PF Changs!

I've heard a lot about PF Changs being GF friendly, so I decided to check it out. I've always had great experiences at PF Changs, but this was my first time GF.

I don't know what it is about PF Changs' waitstaff, but we have always gotten great waitresses/waiters. They listen, make suggestions & all have let us see a bit of their personality. (Shout out to Victoria at the Roseville, CA location)

Here is PF Changs GF menu

At first I was a little disappointed because I ordered a martini with potato vodka. In their well stocked bar they didn't have any non-grain vodka. (There are potato, corn & grape vodka options) However the waitress apologized and the manager said he would put in an order for some.

 We started with their chicken lettuce wraps. I have tried different versions of this meal at other restaurants but none come close to PF Changs recipe!


Chicken Lettuce Wraps


My Mom, who is also GF, ordered the GF Philip's Better Lemon Chicken. I tasted it and it was lemony goodness.


I ordered the GF Ginger Chicken with Broccoli. It was beautifully presented with a ring of broccoli and the chicken in the middle. I highly suggest either meal.




A nice thing about PF Changs is that they bring out their GF meals on a different style plate than the regular meals. It made me feel a little safer knowing that the kitchen staff knew my meal needed to be gluten free. The waitress brought out our own GF soy sauce, which I was happy about.

It was a wonderful meal, great staff & I love a place that a celiac can feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment