Sunday, April 7, 2013

Heavenly Chocolate Treat

This recipe was floating around FB & I believe originated from a Pampered Chef website. It looked pretty delicious and I was sure I could make it GF. The recipe calls for a brownie pan (individual squares) which I bought at Walmart for $11.

For the recipe you need
GF non-stick spray (not all are GF)
Bob's Red Mill GF chocolate chip cookie mix
Bob's Red Mill GF brownie mix
2 sticks butter
GF vanilla
2 eggs
Water
And the secret ingredient... Reece's Peanutbutter cups. You could use regular size big ones or minis. For this recipe we used the dark chocolate minis.

Preheat oven to 350 & generously spray pan with non-stick spray.

Mix the chocolate chip cookie mix according to package directions. It seems really dry & crumbly. I took a tablespoon from our silverware set & scooped 3 generous tablespoons into each section of the tray. Then I pressed it down with the spoon into the tray. It looked more like regular cookie dough after I did that.

Next we placed 3 peanutbutter cups upside down into each section on top of the cookie dough.

Then make the brownie mix according to package instructions. Use a another tablespoon (or two) to place brownie mix in top of peanutbutter cups. Try to spread it around and squish it in between the peanutbutter cups.

Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Getting them out in one piece is a challenge. I ran a butter knife along the edges of the squares. Then I used 2 forks to carefully scoop & lift the brownies into a plate. About 1/2 came out in one piece. My family didn't complain about the ones that came apart. They were still delicious. After everyone chowed down there was only 5 left. I am planning on freezing those so I have a dessert to eat on occasion.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!















No comments:

Post a Comment